[URBANTH-L] ANN: Summer Institute on International Migration, Ethnic Diversity and Cities (deadline extention)

Angela Jancius acjancius at ysu.edu
Thu Apr 13 20:05:56 EDT 2006

Dear Colleagues,

Due to recent increased interest in our programme we have decided to extend
the application deadline through April 30, 2006.  Space is limited so
please respond quickly if you are interested in applying to the programme.

We are pleased to let you know that the Summer Institute on International
Migration, Ethnic Diversity and Cities will be held at the International
School for Humanities and Social Sciences, Universiteit van Amsterdam from
June 11 - 29, 2006.  The Summer Institute offers students of various
disciplines and professions a great opportunity to advance their knowledge
in the field of migration studies in an international environment.

The programme seeks to explore the topical features of international
migration and the incorporation of immigrants in the cities and states of
destination.  For further information over the programme content, please
view the website: http://www.ishss.uva.nl/SIM

On our website you will find an application form. You can print this out and
send it back to us. The application fee is EUR50. After receiving your
application, the admittance committee will make a decision based on your
academic background, commitment to this field of study and the letter
of reference.

The fees are EUR2700 for credit students and EUR2200 for non-credit
students. This includes lunch during class days. Classes are from Monday
through Thursday. All classes are in English. The tuition fee does not
include travel to and from Amsterdam nor housing. The Universiteit van
Amsterdam mediates for housing on behalf of its students. Student
apartments are available for approximately EUR 500.

Unfortunately the Summer Institute is not capable of offering scholarships.
For students seeking scholarships and funding the following URL's might help:

http://www.grantfinder.nl/content/index.asp

or dowload this:

http://www.ishss.uva.nl/Download/Grantseekers.pdf

Also members of the IMISCOE network are encouraged to apply for
an IMISCOE Training Grant. For more information go to
www.imiscoe.org

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
sim-ishss at uva.nl

Kind regards,
Amy Abdou

Program manager