[URBANTH-L]FUNDING: Columbia University Society of Fellows

Angela Jancius acjancius at ysu.edu
Sun Aug 6 12:14:06 EDT 2006

COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY SOCIETY OF FELLOWS IN THE HUMANITIES POSTDOCTORAL
FELLOWSHIPS 2007-2008

Deadline: October 2, 2006

THE COLUMBIA SOCIETY OF FELLOWS IN THE HUMANITIES, with grants from the
Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and the William R. Kenan Trust, will
appoint a number of post-doctoral fellows in the humanities for the
academic year 2007-2008. We invite applications from qualified
candidates who have received the Ph.D. between January 1, 2003 and July
1, 2007.

Fellows are appointed as Lecturers in appropriate departments at
Columbia University and as Mellon Fellows in the Society of Fellows.
The fellowship is renewable for a second and third year. In the first
year, Fellows teach one course per semester: at least one of these
courses will be in the undergraduate general education program. In
years two and three, Fellows teach one course per year. The annual
stipend will be $52,000. Each Fellow receives a research allowance of
$3,000 per annum.

APPLICATION FORMS will be available by 1 July 2006 on our website at
www.columbia.edu/cu/societyoffellows DEADLINE for receipt of completed
applications is October 2, 2006. COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer

Contact Information:
Judy Huyck
Society of Fellows, MC 5700