[URBANTH-L]CFP: Urban Culture (6/25/06; MAPACA, 10/27-10/29/06)

Blagovesta Momchedjikova bmm202 at nyu.edu
Mon Jun 12 12:52:28 EDT 2006

CFP: Urban Culture (6/25/06; MAPACA, 10/27-10/29/06)

The focus of this year’s Urban Culture area is the city of the future.
We seek presenters who explore how political unrest, new technologies,
travel, preservation initiatives, street performances, and
architectural experiments affect how we imagine and plan the cities of
tomorrow. Historical or ethnographic studies of cities, poetic
accounts of personal geographies through cities, and explorations of
highly orchestrated or surprisingly improvised events in designated
areas in the city are encouraged. If interested in participating in a
workshop on “writing the urban,” in addition to presenting a paper,
please, indicate so. Please, send your 1-page paper abstracts and 1-
paragraph recent bios as virus-free, Word attachments to Blagovesta
Momchedjikova, bmm202 at nyu.edu, by June 25th, 2006. This year, the Mid-
Atlantic Popular Culture/American Culture Association meets in
Baltimore, MD, October 27-29th, 2006. For more information, check:
http://webhosting.its.psu.edu/mapaca/

Blagovesta Momchedjikova, PhD
Department of Performance Studies
Tisch School of the Arts