[URBANTH-L] CFP: AAA panel - Information Wars: Propaganda, Political Conflict and Hegemonic Struggle

bambam at anthro.umass.edu bambam at anthro.umass.edu
Tue Mar 28 22:37:35 EST 2006

Apologies for the last minute nature of our query. We are near completion of a
panel proposal for the AAA’s that will be examining propaganda, hegemonic
struggle and warfare. The panel is titled, Information Wars: Propaganda,
Political Conflict and Hegemonic Struggle.

Currently, we have someone working on information warfare in a historical
context (US), British propaganda in the service of state legitimacy (Northern
Ireland), information warfare in the service war and peace (former Yugoslavia)
and the propaganda around the drug wars (US). We need one more paper.

Feel free to view this panel proposal creatively.

If you are interested, please reply to Tom Taaffe at taaffet at fpc.edu.