[URBANTH-L]2007 Spring SfAA Meeting in Tampa

Burke, Nancy nburke at cc.ucsf.edu
Thu May 18 13:08:09 EDT 2006

To: CORI Members

RE: CORI and SUNTA in Tampa

From: Nancy Burke, CORI Program Chair

As many of you know, SUNTA will be co-sponsoring the Spring 2007 meeting of the Society of Applied Anthropology (Tampa, FL; March 27-April 1). As a part of SUNTA, CORI (Committee on Refugees and Immigrants) has the opportunity to plan a series of paper-oriented panels/sessions, plenary sessions, and/or round-table discussions. This email is an attempt to gauge interest among CORI members (as well as SUNTA members interested in refugee and immigrant issues) in putting together immigration and/or refugee-themed panels for the SfAA meeting.

If you are interested, please respond to me by August 1 with a brief description of your proposed paper/panel/plenary/roundtable. I will then send around another announcement to the listserv sharing panel ideas and contact information of panel organizers. The deadline for final proposals will likely be October 1. If you have questions or would like to discuss ideas, please contact me. We are looking for innovative proposals that link theory and practice.

Thanks,

Nancy

Nancy J. Burke
Assistant Professor
Department of Anthropology, History and Social Medicine
Comprehensive Cancer Center
University of California, San Francisco
185 Berry Street, Suite 6600 (Box 0981)
San Francisco, CA 94143-0981