[URBANTH-L] WWW: Refuge and Rejection: The Humanities in the Study of Forced Migration

Angela Jancius jancius at ohio.edu
Tue Nov 14 16:13:12 EST 2006

Forwarded from: H-Migration at h-net.msu.edu

Refugee and Rejection Website: The Humanities in the Study of Forced
Migration

The humanities have not had a common forum for discussion of refugees
and forcibly displaced persons. We hope to provide that central place in
our new web-based site:  "Refuge & Rejection:  The Humanities in the
Study of Forced Migration."

"Refuge & Rejection" is an initiative that hopes to fill the need for
thoughtful and challenging humanities scholarship on these themes, and
to engage your review and participation. Sponsored by the Institute for
Humanities Research at Arizona State University, "Refuge & Rejection"
has an international editorial board of scholars interested in the
humanities. Our first issue will feature Professor Anna Holian in an
essay "Refugees and the Humanities:  A Challenge", along with comments
by Howard Adelman and Carl Bon Tempo.  Additional essays, portraits, and
image galleries will be offered in the coming months. We also provide a
wide variety of online links for other resources.  We very much
encourage comment and submission of work from the humanities on refugees
and forced migration..

We invite you to visit the "Refuge & Rejection" website, view the
latest contributions and to participate in online forums.  Please
consider whether your own work might be submitted for peer review and
publication.

Visit http://www.asu.edu/clas/history/proj/refugee/ to find out more.