[URBANTH-L]Is Diversity Bad for Cities? (Linda Dwyer)

Tim Patterson tpatt_1 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 14 00:27:35 EDT 2007

Diversity in the built environment is more contextual then what is portrayed
here; in so far as the urban design and architectural features and their
profound influence on an individual, family or communities' conformability,
narrative practice and overall place making with their follow citizens is
and has been typically overlooked if not neglected by popular media images
of the city.  Further, I would argue that American cities are in a class of
there own regardless of their impact on urban studies; however, Canadian or
British or other cities may find more diverse expression based on there
historical development and contemporary situations thereby adding a
different context to diversity.

T Patterson