[URBANTH-L] FUNDING: IGERT PhD Fellowships to Study Urban Infrastructure (U of Colorado, Denver)

Angela Jancius jancius at ohio.edu
Tue Dec 4 14:49:21 EST 2007

Moderator's note:

The following fellowship opportunity was sent to us from the fellowship
organizer. They are interested in recruiting students with backgrounds in
anthropology.

From: Brett, John <john.brett at cudenver.edu>

Exciting IGERT PhD Fellowships Available to Study Sustainable Urban
Infrastructure in Real Cities!!

The University of Colorado Denver seeks PhD students in Engineering,
Architecture & Planning, Public Affairs, and, Health & Behavioral Sciences
to work on dissertations pertaining to the development of sustainable
infrastructures in cities worldwide. Nationally-recruited IGERT PhD trainees
will be supported through a grant received from the National Science
Foundation (NSF).

PROGRAM SUMMARY: Our program seeks to integrate innovative technologies in
various infrastructure sectors (water, energy, transport, waste, buildings,
etc) with urban planning, public policy and community-based participatory
research to achieve urban health and sustainability goals. Students from all
the participating disciplines will have the exciting opportunity to work on
real-world sustainability projects in cities along the Denver / Front Range
area in Colorado, USA, and/or in our sister city, Chennai, India. We are
presently partnering with three cities to assist in water, energy, climate
action and health projects.

IGERT PhD TRAINEE BENEFITS include tuition and fees, a stipend of $30K per
year for 2.3 years, funds to support doctoral research and much more!

IGERT ASSOCIATES: Students interested in Masters-level degrees should
inquire about our IGERT Associate positions and Certificates in Sustainable
Infrastructure.

APPLY NOW! For more information, please go to: www.cudenver.edu/IGERT

Applications for Fall 2008 are being accepted from January 15 to February
15, 2008 (or until the positions are filled).

IGERT PhD Trainees must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Candidates with backgrounds in Math/Science and the Liberal
Arts can apply for PhD positions in all the above disciplines - Engineering,
Architecture and Planning, Policy and Health and Behavioral Sciences,
according to their interest. Some additional pre-requisite coursework may be
required for PhDs in some disciplines based on the candidate's prior degree
and coursework.

John Brett
Department of Anthropology
University of Colorado Denver