[URBANTH-L]Call for Articles: Turks in Europe

Angela Jancius jancius at ohio.edu
Mon Jan 1 12:05:45 EST 2007

Call for Papers: Turks in Europe

Dear Colleagues,

We are planning to publish an edited volume on TURKS in
EUROPE focusing on social, cultural, political, economic and
religious lives/situation of Turkish communities in European
countries. We invite articles to be included in this volume.
Those who would like to contribute, can send us their
proposals and articles (5000-6000 words) on the following
topics though not limited to:

Migration/Citizenship policies and Turkish immigrants,

Political participation and representation,

Turkish civil society organizations,

Turkish Media, the media consumption, transnational
 identities,

Identity: identitiy options, hybrid identites, Turkish-
European identity, perception of EU identitiy, mixed
marriages

Religion: Turkish Islam, Turkish muslim groups and
associations, religious and social networks

Youth and women: education, identity conflicts,
integration, leasure time activities, crime

Economy. Turkish enterpreneurship, participation in
economic life

We will be pleased to receive articles on these and