[URBANTH-L] CFP: CRITICAL PLANNING, UCLA URBAN PLANNING JOURNAL: VOLUME 15, 2008

Critical Planning critplan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 04:11:55 EDT 2007

Dear Colleagues,

Please forward to interested students, faculty and practitioners.

Thanks,
Christopher Gladora
Office Manager, Critical Planning
MA Candidate, UCLA Urban Planning

CRITICAL PLANNING
UCLA Journal of Urban Planning

CALL FOR PAPERS:
Volume 15, Summer 2008

In honor of our 15th anniversary, this year's volume of Critical
Planning is devoted to identifying and highlighting the most current
critical approaches to urban theory, research and practice. We seek
submissions that 1) address the challenges confronting the present and
 future of cities and regions in the U.S. and around the world and,
2) display an original and critical perspective on recent theoretical
developments, policies and practices. We invite submissions from all
disciplines as well as the use of various methodologies. We encourage
cross-disciplinary, multi-scalar and mixed-method approaches.

Critical Planning is a double-blind peer-reviewed publication. Feature
articles are generally between 5,000 and 7,000 words, while shorter
articles are between 1,000 and 3,000. All submissions should be
written according to the standards of the Chicago Manual of Style,
15th Edition. Footnotes should be placed at the end of the document.
Please double-space all parts of the manuscript and leave one-inch
margins on all sides. Tables and images should be separated from the
text. Images should be provided in .tif format, not exceeding a width
of five inches and a resolution of 600 dpi (a width of 3000 pixels).
Include a cover sheet with the article's title; the author's name,
phone number, email address; and a two-sentence biographical
statement. Please do not put identifying information (name or
affiliation) anywhere but the cover sheet.

Submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis. Feel free to contact us
by email to
discuss your ideas.

Manuscripts should be submitted by 5pm on December 15, 2007 as .doc
attachments via email to:  <mailto:critplan at ucla.edu> critplan at ucla.edu
and two hardcopies
(postmarked by Dec. 15) should be mailed to:

Critical Planning
C/O Ava Bromberg, Managing Editor
UCLA Department of Urban Planning
School of Public Affairs