[URBANTH-L]CFP: Migrations and Diasporas

Angela Jancius jancius3022 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 11 14:59:04 EST 2008

Call for Papers

The Caribbean Philosophical Association (CPA) will hold its 2009 meeting at
the University of Miami, Coral Gables Campus on August 12-15, 2009. The main
themes of the conference are Migrations and Diasporas.

Scholars in any discipline are invited to submit presentation proposals and
panels. Presentations are not limited to examine the Caribbean or its
Diaspora. We are also interested in the "global south" at large. Send
submissions for panels and abstracts of individual presentations by February
15, 2009, by email to caribphil at yahoo.com. Abstracts should succinctly state
the problem(s) addressed and identify the sources used in one paragraph to
one page per individual presentation. All titles must include the name of
the presenter, the highest university degree obtained, and the current
institutional affiliation, if any. We will review proposals in English,
French, and Spanish and will create panels for presentations in those three
languages.

Contact Information
Nelson Maldonado-Torres
University of California