[URBANTH-L]References Request--MX-US Migration

Hugo Santos-Gomez hugos at umail.ucsb.edu
Sat Dec 20 18:02:03 EST 2008

I would add:

Juan Rulfo?s short story: Paso del Norte (in The Burning Plain)

Jorge A. Bustamante: Cruzar la Linea, the chapter on Don Chano is a
vivid and well written ethnography of the challenging trek to go
across the border. This text has a literary value that transcends its
ethnographic character; it is Bustamante?s dissertation in book format
(Mexican Immigration and the Social Relations of Capitalism)

Maria Novaro?s film: El Jardin del Eden (The Garden of Eden) The
border, the migrants and people in between.

--
Hugo Santos-Gomez
PhD Candidate