[URBANTH-L]ANN: Next American City's New Urban Leaders Fellowship Program

Angela Jancius jancius at ohio.edu
Sat Jul 12 02:01:02 EDT 2008

Call for Applications for Next American City's New Urban Leaders
Fellowship Program

We are thrilled to announce a call for applications for our new Urban
Leaders Fellowship Program. The fellowship, designed to support emerging
journalists, leaders and thinkers, is a unique opportunity to write
about the development and future of our nation's cities. The 9-month
fellowship comes with a $10,000 stipend.
Through substantial contribution to our print magazine and website, as
well as a presence in other media outlets throughout the country,
fellows will conduct new research and in-depth reportage on the issues
at the forefront of urban change. In addition to diversifying and
expanding the editorial content of our publications, the Urban Leaders
Fellowship Program will help fellows have a sustained, positive impact
on the cities and urban communities they will cover.

We are looking for candidates with related published writing, as well as
passionate urban thinkers, activists and professionals working in
city-related professions - law, urban planning, social work, real estate
development, education, and others. Candidates must have a demonstrated
area of interest or expertise that they would like to further develop
through writing and advocacy opportunities made available by the Urban
Leaders Fellowship.

For more information about this program including a full program outline
and application form, visit americancity.org/fellows

Walter Greason
History Department
Ursinus College