[URBANTH-L]Annoucement new listserve: CITY-FAITH-FORUM

Justin Beaumont j.r.beaumont at rug.nl
Thu Jul 31 14:29:33 EDT 2008

****Apologies to those of you receiving this announcement more than once.
Please feel free to distribute to your own relevant networks****

Prof David Gilbert (Royal Holloway) and I would like to draw your attention
to a new listserve that we have established, CITY-FAITH-FORUM, and to
encourage you to subscribe and contribute to some new and exciting
discussions and exchange of information.

CITY-FAITH-FORUM developed from AAG sessions in Boston, forthcoming
conferences in UK and The Netherlands on the postsecular city and the EU-7FP
FACIT project. The list facilitates academic discussion of the relationship
between urban change and religion, with attention to the following themes:
(1) geographies of secularization and the postsecular; (2) significance of
faith-based organizations in urban policy and planning; and (3) implications
of religion for urban politics and urban social cohesion. We encourage
critical academic inquiry and do not advocate or favour any religious,
theological or faith-based orientation.

If you would like to join us please visit:
www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=city-faith-forum, click on "Join or
Leave CITY-FAITH-FORUM" and add your details online.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Justin Beaumont

David Gilbert

Listserve co-owners

----

Justin Beaumont

Room 3.10, Landleven 1

Faculty of Spatial Sciences

University of Groningen

The Netherlands

Tel: 00 31 50 363 6910/ 3895

Skype: justin9712

Web: www.rug.nl/staff/j.r.beaumont/index, http://justinbeaumont.com
<http://justinbeaumont.com/>

International Conference: Religion, Politics and the Postsecular City,
Groningen, 12-15 November 2008

EU-7FP FACIT project: Faith-based organizations and exclusion in European
cities (www.facit.be)

Book Reviews Editor: Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie
(TESG)