[URBANTH-L]ANN: Ethnography of NYC, Qualitative Summer Research Training

Angela Jancius jancius at ohio.edu
Fri Jun 13 11:49:00 EDT 2008

[forwarded from Comurb_r21 at email.rutgers.edu]

ResearchTalk, Inc., a qualitative research consulting company, would
like to announce the feature event of our Professional Development
Series:

The 6th Annual Qualitative Research Summer Intensive

Location:  Long Island, New York
Dates:      August 9-14, 2008Website:
http://www.researchtalk.com/summer_08.html

Our Summer Intensive features two-day and half-day courses, with an
explicit focus on the intersection of theoretical foundations and
practical skills across a range of qualitative analysis topics.
Featured Class, taught by Elijah Anderson:

*           August 9-10: Everyday Ethnography

The 'Everyday Ethnography' course provides insight into the ethnographic
method of social research.  Dr. Anderson is currently Lanman Professor
of Sociology at Yale University.  His publications include: A Place on
the Corner: A Study of Black Street Corner Men, Code of the Street:
Decency, Violence, and the Moral Life of the Inner City, and Streetwise:
Race, Class, and Change in an Urban Community.

Special Offer: Register for Dr. Anderson's class and receive a 20%
discount off your entire registration fee.  Enter the code "EE08" on the
registration form to receive the discount.  This offer applies to
standard pricing only and cannot be combined with any other discounts.
Payment must be received by June 27, 2008 to receive the discount.

Other Summer Intensive instructors include:
Kathy Charmaz * John Creswell * Leslie Curry * Carolyn Ellis * Alison
Hamilton * Valerie Janesick * Ray Maietta * Paul Mihas * Patricia
Pugliani * Debra Skinner

Additional course topics include:
Autoethnography * Coding * Grounded Theory * Large-Scale Qualitative
Research * Longitudinal Qualitative Research * Mixed Methods * Narrative
Analysis * Qualitative Data Collection * Qualitative Methods *
Qualitative Software (ATLAS.ti and MAXQDA) * Qualitative Writing

Please visit our website at http://www.researchtalk.com/summer_08.html
or email us at info at researchtalk.com for course schedules, registration
form, detailed course descriptions and instructor bios, information on
hotel accommodations, and more.

Jeff M. Petruzzelli, Program Coordinator
ResearchTalk, Inc.
Ph: (631) 218-8875

Email: information at researchtalk.com

Website: www.researchtalk.com

Hi Dr. Friedman,

I saw your email address on the CUSS website and had a question about the
listserve.

ResearchTalk, Inc. is a qualitative research consultation company based in
Long Island, NY.  Each year we sponsor a conference called the Qualitative
Research Summer Intensive here on Long Island.  The event features a series
of professional development workshops covering a range of topics relevant to
qualitative analysis, taught by leading scholars in the field.  This year's
event takes place in August.

We are happy to have Dr. Elijah Anderson teaching a course called 'Everyday
Ethnography', on August 9-10.  We thought that his class might be of
interest to CUSS members, and would like to inquire about the possibility of
posting a message to the listserve describing our event and highlighting Dr.
Anderson's course.  I am including a listserve message below, beneath my
signature.

Please let me know if it is possible for you or another CUSS to post the
message to the list on our behalf, or if you think we should join the list
and post the message ourselves.

I thank you for your time and consideration.  Please contact me with any
questions.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff M. Petruzzelli, Program Coordinator

ResearchTalk, Inc.
1650 Sycamore Avenue, Suite 53
Bohemia, NY 11716
Ph: (631) 218-8875
Fx: (631) 218-8873
Email: jeff at researchtalk.com

*2008 Qualitative Research Summer Intensive - August 9-14, 2008*

MESSAGE FOR LISTSERVE:

Subject: Everyday Ethnography with Elijah Anderson

Body of email:

[...]

Hope to see you in August!