Applied Research Job: Staff Consultant for RefugeeWorks (Baltimore, MD USA)
jancius at ohio.edu
Thu May 22 13:37:17 EDT 2008
Staff Consultant for RefugeeWorks
Education: Bachelor (BA, BS, etc.)
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Posted by: Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service
Job Category: Activism & Organizing, Project management
Job posted on: May 12, 2008
Area of Focus: Human Rights and Civil Liberties, Immigration
Last day to apply: July 11, 2008
Last updated: May 12, 2008
To assist in implementing and coordinating programmatic efforts to
achieve RefugeeWorks' goals; to strengthen refugee
service provision in the field by carrying out technical assistance,
training and research development specific to professional
recertification for refugees.
1. Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to
model those values in relationship with colleagues and
partners; commitment to refugees and immigrants
2. Bachelor's degree; advanced degree preferred
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills
4. Training or teaching experience, minimum one year
5. Research experience, minimum two years
6. Ability to work under tight deadlines
7. Outstanding organizational skills
8. Ability to handle multiple projects involving several staff simultaneously
9. Excellent software skills including Word, Excel, Access, Windows,
e-mail and the use of the Internet for research purposes
10. Ability to travel extensively as necessary, which may include weekends
11. Experience with employment or programs serving refugees,
immigrants or limited English speakers preferred
1. Conduct research that supports the mission and activities of
RefugeeWorks, including best practices in professional
recertification, labor market analyses, trends and related issues.
2. Coordinate the data collection, analysis and distribution for
refugee recertification and related information, and creation of
publication materials derived from the gathered data.
3. Function as a primary instructor for RefugeeWorks' training
activities for recertification, which includes designing
programs and developing new curriculums for emerging refugee
populations and refugee-related employment issues for
RefugeeWorks' trainings and various national conferences.
4. Function as the lead organizer for a national conference on refugee
recertification and other workshops and conferences
5. Conduct site visits and provide consultation for individualized
technical assistance as requested.
6. Contribute recertification material to the RefugeeWorks'
newsletter, including research, drafting articles and editing content
7. Assist in writing quarterly reports, needs assessments, site visit
reports and technical assistance materials.
8. Carry out network-building activities such as conference calls and
listservs with all sectors of refugee employment network.
9. Maintain clear and consistent communication with the senior
consultant; ensure that program activities fall within the
parameters established by the senior consultant; keep the senior
consultant aware of major developments and trends in the
industry; and ensure the senior consultant's support for major project
activities and fund-raising.
10. Contribute to and, when appropriate, propose initiatives that
involve cross-departmental collaboration; participate in
agency wide task forces; and assist with events that foster community
among LIRS staff.
11. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The staff consultant for RefugeeWorks reports to the senior consultant
and national coordinator for RefugeeWorks.
The staff consultant for RefugeeWorks does not currently supervise any
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, including salary requirements, with résumé to...
hrmail at lirs.org (preferred)
Human Resources Department
700 Light Street
Baltimore MD 21230
More information about the URBANTH-L