[URBANTH-L]JOB: Asst. Prof of Cultural Anthropology, Southern Methodist U (global health and cultural diversity)

Angela Jancius jancius3022 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 25 17:20:04 EDT 2008

Southern Methodist University

Tenure Track Assistant Professor - Cultural Anthropology

Southern Methodist University Department of Anthropology in Dedman College
invites applications for a tenure-track appointment as assistant professor
in cultural anthropology beginning August 2009. We seek to hire a scholar
with expertise in medical anthropology who can contribute to our
programmatic emphasis on global health and cultural diversity. Preference
will be given to candidates with field experience in Asia, Africa, or the
Middle East. Applications may be submitted electronically or by letter, and
should include a statement of research and teaching interests, a current CV,
and contact information for three references. To ensure full consideration
for the position the application must be received by November 10, 2008, but
the committee will continue to accept applications until the position is
filled. The committee will notify applicants of its employment decision
after the position is filled. We will conduct interviews at the AAA
meetings. Applications should be sent to Caroline B. Brettell, Chair, Search
Committee/Medical Anthropology, Department of Anthropology, Southern
Methodist University, Dallas, TX 75275-0336 or cbrettel at smu.edu. SMU will
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, age, disability or veteran status. SMU is also committed to
nondiscrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.