[URBANTH-L]Petition of Support for Professor Darío A. Euraque: Illegally dismissed by Coup Government in Honduras

Adrienne Pine pine at american.edu
Mon Aug 24 15:00:59 EDT 2009

Dear Colleagues,

Please join me in signing on to the below letter in solidarity with
historian Darío Euraque, who days ago was illegally removed from his
position as head of the Honduran Institute of Anthropology and History
by the same de facto minister of culture (Myrna Castro) who is
attempting to close the national archives as well as public libraries
and cultural centers because they contain "dangerous literature."

Adrienne Pine
Assistant Professor of Anthropology
American University
Blog: http://quotha.net/