[URBANTH-L]Reader on the Anthropology of Homelessness

kflan at mindspring.com kflan at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 9 17:49:51 EST 2009

You might be interested in the work of Louisa Stark. She's an urban anthropologist (was teaching as an adjunct anthropology professor at Arizona State University, but I'm not sure if that's still the case with all the recent budget woes and staff cuts at ASU) and is the executive director for the Community Housing Partnership in Phoenix, Arizona (a nonprofit concerned with helping very low-income families find and secure affordable housing).

A good portion of her anthropological research, professional work, and activism has centered on various homelessness issues (mostly in the United States), so you might want to do Web and online library searches for her articles, books, etc.

--Kerri Flanagan