[URBANTH-L]Call for Papers: 2009 AAA IGAPP Session on Transnational Labor Migration Policy

Baba, Marietta Marietta.Baba at ssc.msu.edu
Sat Jan 31 11:55:20 EST 2009

Dear SUNTA:

I am writing to you at the suggestion of Professor David Haines
regarding a possible session for the 2009 AAA Annual Meetings to be
sponsored by the Interest Group on Anthropology and Public Policy
(IGAPP).  We would like to request that a Call for Papers be circulated
on the SUNTA list serve.   If you agree, could you please post the
following message on the list serve, together with the attached session
abstract?  If there are any issues or questions, please let me know by
return e-mail.

Thanks very much,

Marietta

Dear Colleagues:

The AAA Interest Group on Anthropology and Public Policy invites
participation and comments on a proposed session for the 2009 Annual
Meetings of the American Anthropological Association.  The focus of the
session is Transnational Labor Migration:  The Policy Nexus.  A proposed
abstract for the session is attached.  We would like your comments on
this proposal, and we also invite your participation as possible
panelist.  If you are interested, please contact the session organizer:
Marietta Baba at mbaba at msu.edu.

Thanks very much,

Marietta Baba for the

Interest Group on Anthropology and Public Policy