[URBANTH-L]Youth Subcultures syllabus

Laura Miller lmille2 at luc.edu
Wed Jul 22 18:08:14 EDT 2009

Along the same lines as Lisa, I’m teaching a new seminar on Youth
Subcultures and would love to see what others have done in such courses.
The books I ordered are:
Pretty in Punk: Girls' Gender Resistance in a Boys' Subculture;
Subculture: The Meaning of Style;
Hip-Hop Japan: Rap and the Paths of Cultural Globalization;
After Subculture;
Youth Culture: Identity in a Postmodern World;
Homegirls: Language and Cultural Practice Among Latina Youth Gangs;
The Graffiti Subculture: Youth, Masculinity and Identity in London and
New York

any ideas or syllabi are most welcome
best, Laura
my email: lmille2 at luc.edu

>>> Lisa Maya Knauer <lknauer at umassd.edu> 07/22/09 4:52 PM >>>
I'm hoping some of you brilliant folks out there in greater SUNTA-land
might have taught an undergraduate class on migration and
transnationalism (or something along those lines) and have a syllabus
somewhere on your hard drive that you could send along. I'm preparing a
new course and it's always helpful to see what others have done. If you
prefer you can write to me off list, but perhaps others might be
interested as well.
Regards,
Lisa Maya Knauer
lknauer at umassd.edu