[URBANTH-L]CFP AAA Panel 2009: Sex Industry in global perspective

Annegret D Staiger staiger at clarkson.edu
Thu Mar 19 11:33:21 EDT 2009

For a panel on the sex industry in global perspective we are still seeking papers from around the globe that provide empirical case studies of the life worlds associated with the sex industry (including clients, entrepreneurs, policies, sex workers, etc.). The panel seeks to explore, from a comparative perspective, the larger theoretical framework of the sex industry as an example of a global care chain and the changing notions about the meaning and practice of sex.

for information, please contact:

Annegret Staiger, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Anthropology
P.O. Box 5750
8 Clarkson Ave
Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
Clarkson University
Potsdam, New York 13966
Phone: 315-268-3888
staiger at clarkson.edu