[URBANTH-L]Conference registration fees and alternative formats

Lisa Knauer lknauer at umassd.edu
Sat Mar 28 14:47:24 EDT 2009

Dear list
I'm wondering if anyone on this list knows if AAA will ever reduce or
waive the registration fees for non-AAA members.  The high fees seem
especially steep and very ironic since this year's conference explicitly
calls for non-traditional formats. I co-organized a panel on
immigration, and we want to include an immigrant advocate (i.e. a
grassroots organizer) as a discussant. $361 seems like a lot to ask an
organizer to pay for a registration fee if he/she is only attending AAA
to participate in a single panel (and is not an academic who might be
able to get university funding).
Any thoughts?
Lisa Maya Knauer