[URBANTH-L]Conference registration fees and alternative formats

Douglas A. Feldman dfeldman at brockport.edu
Sun Mar 29 20:35:53 EDT 2009

Hi Lisa,

Things may have changed at the AAA.  But in the past, on several occasions, I have had non-anthropologists serve as panelists (technically "discussants") on panels without any charge at all.  This did not apply to discussants on academic paper sessions though.  Permission needed to be individually obtained from the AAA staff person in charge of the anthropology conferences.  In the past, this was Lucille Horn.  Good luck!

Doug

Douglas A. Feldman, Ph.D.
Visiting Professor
The University of Debrecen
Institute of English and American Studies
4032 Debrecen, Egyetem ter 1,
P.O. Box 73, Hungary
Phone: 00-36-52-324-816
and