[URBANTH-L]CFP: The City: Culture, Society, Technology (Vancouver)

Angela Jancius jancius3022 at comcast.net
Thu May 21 13:17:14 EDT 2009

Our theme is "The City: Culture, Society, Technology." Meet us in Vancouver
on November 6th and 7th, 2009.
Present your research at our inaugural international conference in the
beautiful setting of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, the 2010 Winter
Olympics city. Our venue is Simon Fraser University's Centre for Dialogue at
the downtown campus.

   Conference Information and Call for Papers
       All proposals will be refereed.

       We welcome individual twenty minute paper proposals, panel proposals
(three twenty minute papers), and symposium proposals (up to four linked
papers with a moderator or discussant in a single session). We also welcome
proposals for creative performances related to our theme (literary readings
and performances, for example).

CALL FOR PAPERS

We welcome proposals from any disciplinary perspective,as well as those that
cross disciplinary boundaries, on The City: Culture, Society, Technology.
Topics might include:

    -the city and literature, art or culture
    -social perspectives on the city
    -cities and crime
    -urban space & planning: history, shifts, and trends, or future
directions in urban planning         and space usage
    -cities and leisure
    -the city and the garden
    -architectural perspectives on cities
    -mass transit: history, shifts and trends, or future directions
    -mapping cities, including the changes effected by technology
    -technology and communication in cities
    -virtual cities
    -urban living
    -the psychology of urban life
    -the city and education
    -other configurations welcome

  Please send 300 word proposals by August 1, 2009 for fullest
consideration. Early submissions are encouraged. Proposals submitted after
this deadline will be considered on a space available basis.

Send to: conference.coordinator at interdisciplinarythemes.org
(Christian Riegel, Conference Coordinator)

For further information, please see our website:
www.interdisciplinarythemes.org

    Publishing Your Paper With Us
        We will publish an electronic edition of conference proceedings
based on the papers that are submitted to us. The edition will have an ISBN
number.