[URBANTH-L]Deadline Extended for TAC Film Festival Entries: Oct 31

Meara Butler meara.butler at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 12:57:57 EDT 2009

Please excuse the necessity of cross-posting.

Dear film producer and distributor friends,

*We have extended our deadline* to submit entries for the 2010 edition of *The
Archaeology Channel* International Film and Video Festival.  This is the
only international competition for this genre in the entire Western
Hemisphere and a wonderful showcase for your work.  Our new deadline for
receipt of entries is October 31, 2009.  This extension will accommodate a
number of prospective entrants who have asked for more time.  TAC Festival
2010 takes place May 18-22, 2010, in the Soreng Theater of the Hult
Centerfor the Performing Artshere in
Eugene, Oregon, USA.  Attached here is the revised entry form with our
guidelines.  Please read the guidelines carefully, as we depend on you for
accurate information.  Further information is posted at
http://www.archaeologychannel.org/content/TACfestival.shtml.

*Please do not wait* to send your entries, because a burdensome flood of
entries at the last moment will slow down our review and notification
process.  In previous years, some entries regrettably were rejected because
of errors in entry forms or problems with the film review copies.  If you
allow plenty of time for these problems to be resolved, you can help assure
that you will not be excluded from consideration.  Also, we encourage you to
make plans to attend the Festival to represent your films and also to
participate in our Conference on Cultural Heritage Film.

For our last Festival, we received 87 entries from 25 countries.  We hope to
exceed those numbers this year and to attract the world’s best films in our
genre to this competition, but we need your help to accomplish this.  With
your support and participation, we can continue to grow TAC Festival as a
promotional tool for your good work.

Please share this announcement with others you know who may have films
suitable for entry. Many thanks and best wishes to you all.

Richard M. (Rick) Pettigrew, Ph.D., RPA
President and Executive Director
Archaeological Legacy Institute
4147 E. Amazon Dr.
Eugene, OR 97405
USA
RPettigrew at aol.com
www.archaeologychannel.org
541-345-5538
541-338-3109 (fax)
Skype: rick.pettigrew

Meara Butler

Meara.Butler at gmail.com

Archaeological Legacy Institute ListServe Coordinator