[YAPA] March YAPA meeting

robert.pendzick at neomin.org robert.pendzick at neomin.org
Thu Mar 5 07:49:50 EST 2009

	Roy,

	Now  I wonder if I did send this link to science fiction stories
that use real science, here it is again

	http://www.mikebrotherton.com/diamonds/?page_id=10 [1]
 Diamonds in the Sky is a collection of astronomy-based science
fiction stories
 edited by Mike Brotherton and funded under his National Science
Foundation
 grant AST 05-07781.  The purpose of the anthology is to provide
stories with
 ample and accurate astronomy spanning a range of topics covered in
 introductory courses.  Instructors in high school and college may
these
 stories useful, as some students may learn concepts more easily
through story
 than from lecture.  Fans of science fiction with good science should
also
  enjoy these stories.  Contributions include both original stories
and reprints
 from some of the top science fiction writers working today.  Special
thanks to
 Jeremy Tolbert, Scott Humphries, and Nicole Wade for their efforts.
 Robert Pendzick

Links:
------
[1]