[YAPA] Cenco de Mayo Meeting

Roy McCullough rmccullo at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 29 07:50:02 EDT 2011

Buenos Dias Compadres,

Here's an idea on how to start your Cenco de Mayo celebration.   Come to YAPA room 2026 Ward Beecher Hall at 7:00.   We'll have chips, salsa and maybe even quacamole.   Bring your hot ideas on how to end the school year.   Mr. Richard Zitto indicates he will be there to discuss plans for the summer kick-off picnic.  Hope to see you there!  Maybe someone will bring a pinata full of physics toys??

Gregg and Jodi asked me to remind those interested that YSU is offering a summer course for science educators 3 credit hours. (Originally showed only one credit on the schedule, but Mary Lynn is fixing that.)

Quoting Gregg:

"Here's the scoop. PHYS 5890 (Physics and Astronomy for Educators) "Teaching Astronomy at the High School Level" runs June 20-24 and 27-29 from 8am to 1pm each day.
CRN 31827 for undergraduates
CRN 31828 for graduate students.
Can be used as a physics elective in the Middle School Science or Secondary Science Programs at YSU. Also can be used as a professional development course for licensed teachers.
Thanks for getting the word out to the YAPA listserve."

Our last meeting was brief.  Not sure if it was the weather or if April 14 was too taxing on folks, but Larry, Gregg, Rebecca and I shared in the delectable entres.   Larry discussed the progress toward alternative assessments, we all shared our understanding (or lack thereof) of SB 05 and generally discussed other affairs of state.