[Ysu-academic-senate] Senate website being moved

Bob Hogue rahogue at ysu.edu
Wed Nov 8 18:59:27 EST 2006

The University would like to migrate any websites that are still on the cc.ysu.edu server over to the www.ysu.edu server. Unfortunately, this will involve more than just moving files -- many of the files contain web links with the cc.ysu.edu already in them, so all of those need to be changed. Doing this for the html pages turns out to be easier than changing the PDF files. At any rate, the process will take a bit of time.

The new base address will be http://www.ysu.edu/acad-senate. Those who browse to http://cc.ysu.edu/acad-senate (just the main index page) will be redirected to the new site.

I want to try to keep both sites current during the transition, and I'd like to try to complete the conversion and deactivate the old (cc.ysu.edu) site by January 1.

I will keep you posted on the progress of the conversion.