[Ysu-academic-senate] Agenda Items

Carol M. Lamb cmlamb at ysu.edu
Wed Sep 18 17:15:48 EDT 2013

All,

Please forward me your agenda items for the Oct. 2, 2013 Academic Senate Meeting by 12:00 noon on Tuesday Sept. 24, 2013.

Those of you who were in attendance at the last meeting or have read the minutes from the last meeting know that I have accepted the position of Chair of Engineering Technology and am resigning as Secretary of Academic Senate.

To date there has not been any faculty member step up to fill the Secretary position.  This position does not require the faculty member to be a member of the academic senate.  So what are the advantages of being the Secretary?  This position allows the faculty member to meet and work with faculty from every college, the academic senate is the faculty voice to the academic shaping of this institution, and provides incite and understanding as to how the academic processes work within the university.  I volunteered to be Secretary for these very reasons and while, unfortunately, it was a short time that I was secretary, I have gained a tremendous appreciation for how the faculty, colleges, and academia within the university and the state actually works.  I have had the pleasure to meet and work with many new faculty through this position.

If you have a newer faculty member who is interested in getting involved, meeting other faculty on campus, and gain a better understanding of the academic process this is a great opportunity.  If you know of a faculty member who would benefit from this experience please encourage them to contact Chet Cooper.

It has been my pleasure to serve the Academic Senate as the Secretary.  I have enjoyed working with all of my colleagues and I look forward to seeing you around campus.

Carol

Carol M. Lamb
Interim Director, School of Engineering Technology
Youngstown State University
E-mail: cmlamb at ysu.edu
Phone: 330.941.4625