[Ysu-academic-senate] Draft of First Year Experience Proposal

Chet Cooper crcooper01 at ysu.edu
Wed Nov 25 11:33:02 EST 2015

Dear Senators,

Attached to the email you will find a draft document detailing the proposed First Year Experience for incoming YSU students.  In addition to the attached file, the following URL links to supporting documentation: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mx0vw4jzd89b456/AAC3zXWJ1Bzx33xPxQHfNVWca?dl=0

The First Year Experience issue will be on the agenda for discussion at next week’s meeting of the Academic Senate on Wednesday, December 2nd.  The meeting will be held, as per usual, at 4:00 PM in the DeBartolo Hall auditorium.

The proposal comes from the General Education Committee.  I am asking that all of you please come to the Senate meeting prepared for a discussion by reviewing the attached document as well as the supporting material.  This will be an important discussion since adoption of such a course bears directly upon the general education curriculum and may have other impacts as well.

Given this discussion item as well some other anticipated agenda items, Senators should be prepared to stay beyond our typical adjournment time of 5:00 PM.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday break.

Cheers,

Chet Cooper, Chair
Academic Senate

--