[Ysu-academic-senate] Important Discussion Items in Senate

Chet Cooper crcooper01 at ysu.edu
Tue Oct 13 07:30:38 EDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

The Academic Senate will meet this Wednesday, October 14th, at 4:00 PM in the DeBartolo Hall Auditorium.  Given your role as a member of this body, I most strongly urge you to not only attend this meeting, but to come prepared for at least two important discussions.  The agenda for the meeting can be found at the following URL: http://academicsenate.ysu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/October-Agenda.pdf.

Under the Senate Executive Committee report, I will detail the proposed Academic Program Review Committee.  This committee will be an integral part of the Program Review Process that was described at the last Senate Meeting.  The Academic Program Review Committee will be the arm of the Senate that determines those programmatic recommendations to be forwarded for implementation either by the Senate or the Office of the Provost.  I have attached a draft of the proposal as well as the Program Review Handbook.  All faculty should have previously received the Handbook, but I provide it here for your information.  I encourage you to read the proposal, in conjunction with the Handbook, and come prepared to participate in a discussion.

Dr. Sharon Stringer, Chair of the Committee on the Evaluation of Faculty Teaching, will provide an update to Senate.  Several documents have been attached to the Senate’s Agenda for your review.  The Committee is requesting input from faculty at this stage of our process.  Again, I encourage you to come prepared for a discussion.

Finally, Dr. Joe Palardy will have a report from the General Education Committee and Dr. Ken Learman will have a report from the Elections Committee.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Again, thank you for your service to the Senate.

Cheers,

Chet Cooper, Chair
Academic Senate

--