[bfsa] Images of Africa: Myth or Reality?

Leon Stennis lstennis at ysu.edu
Thu Oct 23 15:07:52 EDT 2003

Hi,

Don't forget the "Images of Africa: Myth or Reality" diversity forum
from 1 to 3 p.m. tomorrow, Friday, Oct. 24, in the Ohio Room of
Kilcawley Center.  Six of our African professors and one member of the
general community who is African will provide us with a more balanced
view of what Africa is like today.  There really is more going on on the
continent that just the HIV/AIDs crisis, malnutrition and starvation,
political corruption, and civil war.  The forum will also look at how
non-Africans have contributed to African's problems as much or more than
Africans have.  Be there! Your presence will make our effort worthwhile.

Leon Stennis
Coordinator of Diversity Initiatives