[bfsa] Re: Judges for Brown v. Board of Education Contests

Leon Stennis lstennis at ysu.edu
Thu Apr 22 17:19:40 EDT 2004

Hello YSU Diversity Council Members and YSU Black Faculty and Staff:

We are looking for volunteer judges to judge the oratorical and African
American Quiz Bowl contests for the Brown v. Board of Education 50th
Year Commemoration Series. Competing students come from Mahoning,
Columbiana, and Trumbull schools. The awards ceremonies will be on
Saturday, May 1, in McKay Auditorium of the Beeghly College of
Education. The oratorical contest judges will need to be at McKay at
1:30 on May 1 and the African American Quiz Bowl Contest judges need to
be at McKay at 3 p.m. on May 1. Any volunteers would be greatly
appreciated. Betty Greene of Youngstown City Schools is the coordinator.
Please call me at 330-941-2718 if you are interested.

Leon Stennis
Coordinator of Diversity Initiatives