[bfsa] Special Election Results

Cameron Hughes cahughes at cc.ysu.edu
Mon Nov 28 08:51:28 EST 2005

Hi folks,

We had good participation in the BFSA Special Elections.  We now have
a complete and official cabinet.  The officers until May 2007 are:

President:       Dr. Victor Wan-tatah
Vice President:  Brenda Scarborough
Secretary:	 Rosa Vega
Treasurer:       Jo ann Traylor

In addition to these elected positions there will be two appointed
positions:

public relations officer
information officer

Although some of you  managed to escape nominations for office, you will
not
be so lucky when it comes to the upcoming committees that will be
formed. The
crafting of the BFSA diversity partnership initiative is underway, and
in order
to finish it we will need volunteers for several committees.

Keep your eyes peeled for more information on this.

We are also putting together a web survey to identify the most
convienient meeting
times for BFSA members.  It has been pointed out that in the past many
who wanted to
come to meetings could not because  of scheduling conflicts.  We will
use the survey to
help us remedy this.  As soon as the online survey is available we will
let you know.

See ya soon