[bfsa] BFSA Special Elections

Cameron Hughes cahughes at cc.ysu.edu
Mon Oct 10 10:25:18 EDT 2005

Hi All,

After reviewing the BFSA constitution/bylaws and acknowledging that the
position of Vice President is vacant, and
that BFSA has not had an formal election in years, and that the
consitituion calls for term limits, and that there were
many areas that the BFSA constitution is silent in where language needs
to be crafted, and in light of all of the heated
activity that has  taken place in and around BFSA lately:

There was a unanimous vote taken  by the BFSA members that were present
last Friday October 7th  to hold a special election where we could elect
new officers.  These new officers will include President, Vice
President, Secretary, and Treasurer.  For information
on the nomination process and the rules of office see:

http://www.cc.ysu.edu/bfsa

On October 11, 2005 you will be able to cast nominations for these
positions over the web at:

http://www.cc.ysu.edu/bfsa

Please take the time and think about who you will nominate for the
various positions!!!!!!

BFSA is facing new, interesting, and exciting challenges and
responsibilities.  We need to be fully prepared to handle the
challenges.  There has been a large consensus at the last few meetings
that we need to reinvigorate, reorganize, and refocus the BFSA.  This
special election is the beginning of that process.

Since not everyone was  at the last meeting, we are keeping the
nomination process open for two weeks (until October 21, 2005).  In this
two weeks there will be a concerted effort to contact as many of the
BFSA members (active, inactive, and other) in hopes to get them
involved in the election and reogranization of the BFSA.  There is ample
opportunity for all those who want to be involved, and  who want to make
meaningful contributions to the organization.

In our October 7th meeting we identified several major areas where we
will be partnering with the University with respect to helping the
University achieve its diversity initiatives.  These areas will be
addressed by volunteers divided into work teams/committees.  This will
be a large undertaking and we will need input, creativity, imagination,
experience and wisdom from as many of the BFSA members as are willing to
offer it!

For all of the members out there whether you have been active/inactive
committed/noncommitted, interested/not interested, the reinvigoration
and reorganization of the BFSA is a reason for you to step up and
contribute whatever it is that you are capable of contributing, whether
it be service, ideas, organization, analytical skills, experience,
technical know-how, statistical know-how, political know-how,
operational know-how, or just good-ole wisdom.

More to follow in days to come on the nomination process and the
reorganization process.  For the latest:

http://www.cc.ysu.edu/bfsa