[bfsa] F Black Young Men....Special Summit in DC

Brenda Scarborough bmscarborough at ysu.edu
Tue Jan 6 15:37:42 EST 2009

Sharing From the desk of: Susann moorer
Subject: Fwd: Special Summit for Black Young Men

I RECEIVED THIS AND I AM PASSING IT ON TO MY FRIENDS IN HIGHER ED...mrw

 Special Summit for Black Young Men in DC

CALL FOR APPLICATIONS

The Institute for Responsible Citizenship is currently accepting
applications for its summer leadership program in Washington, DC. The
Institute provides America's best and brightest African American male
college students with unparalleled networking opportunities, leadership
development, and life-long mentorship.

Through the focused and intimate structure of our program, the
Institute equips these young men with the tools required for successful
careers in business, education, journalism, law,government, the
sciences, public policy, ministry, medicine,public service, and the
arts.

Program Highlights
* Meet with influential leaders such as General Colin Powell,
Congressman John Lewis, Justice Clarence Thomas, and Dr. Sheila C.
Johnson;
* Take rigorous academic courses on constitutional and economic
principles;
* Participate in roundtable discussions, including seminars on career
development;
* Work at high-level internships around Washington, DC;
* Enjoy a host of social activities that help participants to build
strong bonds with each other.

For more information about our program, please read the details below
and visit our website at www.i4rc.org.

Program Details
The 2009 program will run from Saturday, June 6 to Saturday, August 1.
* Students must commit to two summers.
* Tuition and housing are paid for by the Institute.
*=2 0Students will be placed at paid internships based on their career
interest (a stipend of $3000 will be provided for those placed at
unpaid internships).

You should be a sophomore to apply. Although the Institute does not
have a GPA requirement, the average GPA for participants is a 3.65. An
applicant's GPA is not the only criterion that is considered during the
admissions process. Other achievements such as campus involvement,
honors and awards earned, athletics, and volunteer work are looked upon
favorably.

The application can be found on the web at:
http://www.i4rc.org/application.htm.

The deadlines for admission into the 2009-2010 class are:
Early Decision-November 7, 2008
Regular Decision-January 15, 2009

Inquiries should be directed to info at i4rc.org or (202) 659-2831.

Those considering applying are highly encouraged to review the website
in detail and contact our office with any questions before submitting
an application.

John T. Saunders III
Chief Program Officer
Institute for Responsible Citizenship