[bfsa] Protecting voting rights

Yulanda McCarty-Harris ymccartyharris at ysu.edu
Wed Jun 24 11:34:27 EDT 2009

Hi,

Good news: in a decision announced this morning, the Supreme Court upheld
the 1965 Voting Rights Act -- a law that has done more to expand and
strengthen our democracy than any other.

I just watched a video of Donna Brazile, Al Gore's campaign manager in 2000,
talking about the importance of protecting voting rights. Check it out:

http://www.democrats.org/votingrights

Despite today's good news, it's clear that this isn't the end of the legal
attacks on the Voting Rights Act -- so please pass the video on.

Thanks!