[URBANTH-L] CFP: International Conference on Cape Verdean Migration and Diaspora

Angela Jancius acjancius at ysu.edu
Mon Nov 22 12:16:27 EST 2004

CFP: International Conference on Cape Verdean Migration and Diaspora

 International Conference on Cape Verdean Migration and Diaspora. We welcome
contributions about Cape Verdean communities in the world, about the role of
migration in Cape Verdean society, and about transnational practices. Issues
of particular interest include gender, first versus second-generation,
migration networks, economy and labor patterns, entrepreneurship,
employment, remittances and other transfers, education, language, religion
and music. The papers should concern, whatever the topic, the connection (or
absence of it) between the destination countries and the homeland in Cape
Verde, and be based on solid and sound ethnographic work. We especially
encourage contributions from anthropology, sociology, political science,
human geography, history, migration, gender and transnational studies. The
conference takes place at CEAS in Lisbon in April 6-8, 2005. Abstracts must
be submitted by December 15, 2004 as rtf or ms word attachments to
lbatalha at iscsp.utl.pt and to jorgen at prio.no simultaneously.

Luis Batalha (D. Phil., Oxon.)
ISCSP
Rua G, Polo Universitario do Alto da Ajuda
1349-055 Lisboa
Portugal
Email: lbatalha at iscsp.utl.pt
Visit the website at http://www.prio.no/cvmd