[URBANTH-L] FYI: URBANTH-L has moved to a new server

Angela Jancius acjancius at ysu.edu
Sat Oct 9 14:19:37 EDT 2004

Dear Colleagues,

Yesterday the SUNTA mailing list, URBANTH-L, was moved onto a new server at Youngstown State University.  Ben Vegara and myself are taking over as coordinators, as Rae Bridgman steps down after years of service running the list.

URBANTH-L is a moderated mailing list meant for committed and active members of the Society for Urban, National and Transnational/Global Anthropology (SUNTA), as well as all those with an interest in the field of urban anthropology. It can be used for subscribers to post information about forthcoming meetings, conferences, announcements, queries, calls for proposals, and other opportunities.

The easiest way to handle the transfer to the new server has been to do a mass subscription of  current SUNTA members.  Other subscribers will be manually added over the next few days.

The automated welcome message you've received gives information about URBANTH-L's web-based subscription site (http://lists.ysu.edu/mailman/listinfo.cgi/urbanth-l), and a password that can be used to manage your subscription. SUNTA members who do not wish to subscribe, or who would like to change their subscription to "digest," may do so by following this link. If you have any difficulties, please do not hesitate to email me at acjancius at ysu.edu for assistance.  As we become acquainted with the listserv's new software, you may receive a few duplicate or subscription related postings during the next few days.

We invite you to forward this message to other colleagues who may wish to join URBANTH-L.

Sincerely,
Angela Jancius
URBANTH-L Coordinator