[URBANTH-L]Further Responses on the Strike

Angela Jancius acjancius at ysu.edu
Fri Oct 22 11:53:42 EDT 2004

[Editor's Note: The first of four message, x-posted from SEA, offers
feedback from a Hilton union representative.  It seems that discussions
similar to ours are taking place on several
anthropology listservs.  For SUNTA members, I see this debate as an
opportunity to reflect on the economy that the AAA is supporting by holding
its meetings in a chain luxury hotel. The physical environment of the Hilton
offers a sharp contrast to the often impoverished downtown areas in which
they are located.  What alternatives are there to this arrangement?  Might
we wish to hold our meetings on university campuses in the future, for
example? -AJ]

1)