[URBANTH-L]the cooling-off period; looking for union contracts

bvergara at sfsu.edu bvergara at sfsu.edu
Tue Oct 26 08:18:47 EDT 2004

--------------
From: Idasusser at aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 08:02:16 EDT
Subject: New Breaking News -Tues 2pm DEADLINE

In a message dated 10/26/2004 12:26:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
aaf19 at columbia.edu writes:

Thought this was worth sending -- might be worth circulating if you
get it late tonight or early AM

Mayor Newsom has just done a powerful thing-- he gave the hotels
until 2 PM today (Tuesday) to agree to the cooling-off period
(apparently Local 2 has agreed) or else he will a) join the picket
lines himself and b) has threatened  to withhold city services from
the hotels

It's in the excellent Modesto Bee:
\
http://www.modbee.com/state_wire/story/9332718p-10239406c.html

If this is carried out, it seems to me AAA has its reasons to argue
breach of contract by Hilton!  In any case, it makes a powerful
statement.

Aaron