[URBANTH-L]Addendum Regarding Conference Reimbursement

Angela Jancius acjancius at ysu.edu
Wed Oct 27 13:51:22 EDT 2004

I wanted to add an addendum to Bob Rotenberg's posting on conference reimbursement.  I received a message from the AAA  Meetings Coordinator, Khara Minter yesterday, in which she stated that you are qualified for a registration fee reimbursement _if_ your proposed paper/panel was not accepted for the conference.  This qualification will enable some people to be reimbursed.  I've pasted Khara's letter below. - Angela Jancius

 Quoting Khara Minter <kminter at aaanet.org>:

> Please note that AAA's policy does not automatically give refunds to
> participants if their paper/session has been rejected.   If one's
paper or session has been rejected it is their responsibility to contact AAA

> or myself, Khara Minter and request a refund.  I have had hundreds of
> refund requests from individuals whose papers or session proposals
> were not accepted both international and here in the states. I have
> refunded every request and continue to do so.
>
> Refund requests need to be received either by email or some other form
> of writing. For those who were not familiar with the refund process
> for papers or sessions that were rejected, they contacted myself, or
> AAA and we answered any questions they may have had regarding how to
> go about requesting a refund for rejected sessions or papers.  Unlike
> the refund process for registrations, there isn't a deadline to
request a refund  for rejections.