[URBANTH-L]Further Responses--Short and Long-term Effects

Angela Jancius acjancius at ysu.edu
Sat Oct 30 19:04:24 EDT 2004

From:    wendy.hathaway at gmail.com
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 8:57 PM
Subject: Re: [URBANTH-L]RE: UNITE HERE Statement

Then, in good will, AAA should return registration fees for ALL those
who request it.  What judgements are being made that qualify some for
refunds over others?

I paid my registration fee and submitted a paper proposal (that was
accepted) based on a conference in San Francisco during November, NOT
December.  I am a graduate student and parent with limited funds and
many responsibilities.  The registration fee may seem like small
change to "professional" anthropologists and AAA Board members, but to
me, it is about half a week's pay.

I therefore am forced to ask the AAA Board, how can it ask AAA members
to renew their memberships in good faith, but show none in return?

Wendy Hathaway

Tampa Neighborhood Mobility Study
University of South Florida
4202 East Fowler Avenue, SOC 107