[URBANTH-L] Call for Syllabi/Bibliographies: Applied Anthropology Public Policy Forum

Angela Jancius acjancius at ysu.edu
Thu Dec 8 18:50:18 EST 2005

The SfAA Public Policy committee is dedicated to improving public
policy awareness and effectiveness among SfAA members. To this end, we
request you to send us syllabi and bibliographies for the website and
invite you to participate in two open discussion topics in the
discussion board.

(1) If you have syllabi or bibliographies that you are willing to
share, we will post them on the SfAA website on the Public Policy
committee page. You can see this page at:

http://www.sfaa.net/committees/policy/policy.html

These items can be about public policy generally, or about specific
topics or arenas of policy (health, say, or local governments). Please
send your items to Joseph Hamer <cascades at riseup.net> and cc them to
Emilia Gonzalez-Clement <DSAIIntl at aol.com> and Joe Heyman
<jmheyman at utep.edu>.

(2) The SfAA membership is invited to participate in two new discussion
topics on the Policy Forum, an SfAA discussion board. The Policy
discussion board URL is:

http://www.sfaa.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=3

These two new discussion topics are "Migration and Migrant Policies" and
"Policy and Complexity Theory." Opening discussions have been posted;
you can add your comments by using the reply function. We welcome
various contributions: experiences, questions, insights, and so forth.
Contributions are open as long as they are relevant and respectful of
other participants. Katherine Metzo moderates this discussion board
<kmetzo at email.uncc.edu>.

Thank you for joining the dialogue on public policy among SfAA members,

The SfAA Public Policy Committee