[URBANTH-L]FUNDING: Clemson University Doctoral Assistantships

Angela Jancius acjancius at ysu.edu
Fri Dec 9 13:19:24 EST 2005

>From Mickey Lauria <mlauria at clemson.edu>

Doctoral Assistantship Announcement

The College of Architecture, Arts, and Humanities at Clemson University is
accepting applications for four three-year assistantships for the pursuit
of the Ph.D. degree in Environmental Design and Planning.
The fellowship provides a stipend of $15,000 payable per year
plus tuition, and may be renewed for up to two years.

I would like your help in locating superior students who might be
interested in this opportunity for support of their doctoral studies.  The
diversity of our faculty, who have advanced degrees in applied economics,
architecture, construction management, civil engineering, history,
landscape architecture, parks, recreation and tourism, planning, political
science and urban geography allows students to pursue a variety of research
interests. The objective of the program is to prepare a new generation of
academics and professionals to deal with the diverse and complex issues
relating to the next round of human development. The program is
interdisciplinary drawing a core from the fields of architecture, landscape
architecture, planning, and construction science. It is expected that
graduates of this program will be well prepared to address increasingly
complex issues relating to human settlement patterns and the built
environment.  I hope you will share it with students who are or might be
considering application to a doctoral program for the fall semester of 2006.

Mickey Lauria, Professor of City and Regional Planning
Director, Ph.D. in Environmental Design and Planning
College of Architecture, Arts, and Humanities
Clemson University
Clemson, SC, USA