[URBANTH-L]CFP: Proposed AAA Session on "Trumping National Sovereignty"

Angela Jancius acjancius at ysu.edu
Sat Mar 19 21:24:34 EST 2005

From: Paul McDowell <paulanthropus at cox.net>

CFP: Trumping National Sovereignty: The Impact of
Neoliberal Globalization on the State and Its Peoples

Several of us would like to form a panel addressing the impact of
globalization on the sovereignty of nation states and/or the indigenous
societies that form part of them. I plan a paper discussing the ways that
neoliberal policies have eroded the indigenous economies of Guatemala, and
another contributor hopes to examine women's role in the re-positioning of
China's economy within the global context. We invite papers addressing this
range of issues. Please send your proposal to paulanthropus at cox.net or
mcdowell at sbcc.edu. Thanks.

Paul McDowell
Instructor in Anthropology