[URBANTH-L]CFP: Arab Diaspora Women
acjancius at ysu.edu
Tue Nov 15 15:59:05 EST 2005
Call for Papers: "Arab Diaspora Women"
The summer 2006 "file" (special issue) of Al-Raida (
http://www.lau.edu.lb/centers-institutes/iwsaw/raida.html ) will
highlight Arab women living outside the Arab world, defined as those
countries not members of the Arab League. Al-Raida is published both in
English (hardcopy & online) and in Arabic (exclusively online).
As the editor of this upcoming file, I am looking for submissions
dealing with the following topics, amongst others:
- employment, social rights, equal opportunities
- Arab minority and immigrant organisations
- culture, education and research activities
- anti-discrimination, legal rights, grass roots mobilisation, coalition
- country studies, case studies, testimonials
- historical overviews (highlighting countries of emigration and/or
- hybridity, identity overlap or switching, e.g. the diaspora experience
of non-Arab women from Arab countries living abroad
- religious minority women from the Arab world, e.g. Christians and Jews
Please feel free to suggest additional topics. The summer 2006 issue
will be divided into a peer-reviewed section, for fully sourced, scholarly
articles, based on original research, and a non-refereed section containing
general interest submissions and material that has been reworked, based
on previous publications.
Please send an abstract of your proposed article by 15 December 2005.
All articles must be submitted by 31 March 2006.
Dr. Eugene Sensenig-Dabbous/Lebanese Emigration Research Center (LERC)
Al-Raida editorial board / sdabbous at ndu.edu.lb
To subscribe to this group, send an e-mail to:
lebissues-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
More information about the URBANTH-L