[URBANTH-L]query: ethnographies of contemporary Iraq

Mark A. Schuller marky at umail.ucsb.edu
Tue Dec 12 01:08:56 EST 2006

Thank you for this.

I was also sent a reference:

Bernhardsson, Magnus T.  2006.  Reclaiming a Plundered Past:
Archaeology and Nation Building in Modern Iraq.  Austin: University of
Texas Press.

http://www.utexas.edu/utpress/books/berrec.html

And i stumbled on a documentary film that i haven't yet seen, by an
NYU professor Sinan Antoon.

InCounter Productions.  2003.  About Baghdad.

http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/aboutbaghdad

Hope these references are helpful!