[URBANTH-L]Grad Summer Program: Interrogating the African Diaspora

Angela Jancius acjancius at ysu.edu
Thu Jan 19 22:57:34 EST 2006

International Graduate Summer Seminar/Interrogating the African Diaspora

This program targets a variety of institutions in the U.S., where graduate
studies of the African diaspora are housed. Abroad, we will target a series
of institutions in Africa, the Caribbean, Europe and Latin America. The idea
is to form a group of students who will represent diverse perspectives on
the African diaspora, for each of the three years of the seminar. The
African diaspora is not conceptualized or researched in the same way in its
many locations; thus, bringing a diversity of perspectives into the course
will enrich class conversations, discussions and debates. The seminars of
July 2004, July 2005 and July 2006 are independent of one another. We do not
expect to have students who are admitted for one year apply for another
year. Written and oral fluency in English are required from all applicants.

Contact Information:
Jean Rahier
African-New World Studies / FIU
3000 N.E. 151st Street